How to participate
Submitting a successful proposal
Participants are invited to submit research and innovation project proposals aiming to provide solutions and preparedness for post COVID-19 societies and for highly contagious human infectious disease pandemics which inflict a high impact on society.
Eligibility criteria for project proposals
- To apply and be considered for this call, the participants must meet the following qualifications:
- The consortium should include at least two organisations independent of each other from two of the participating countries.
- Funding assistance follows each National funding agency’s funding regulations.
- The project participants must express their willingness to cooperate, on a win-win/fair basis in the development of a new product, industrial process or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- The project should benefit all involved partners in a well-balanced consortium.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technologic cooperation between the participants (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure, etc.).
- A signed consortium agreement (CA) for the purpose of a multi-partner collaborative R&D project is mandatory, unless indicated otherwise by relevant National funding agency. The CA should at least include the execution and governance of the project, ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements, and commercialisation of the project results. Project start and funding may be conditional to a signed CA having been received and verified by relevant National funding agency’s;
- The duration of the project may not exceed 36 months
- Product, service or process implementation or market launch should happen no later than 24 months after project completion.
How to submit your Post COVID-19 / solutions for next high impact pandemic project
Stage 1: Eureka application
All participants must complete the EUREKA project application form online which is available in the call webpage through https://www.eurekanetwork.org/calls-for-projects. It must be completed online by 15 July 2020 by 17.00 Central European Summer Time (CEST). The form must be completed in English.
The project consortium is strongly advised to read the form carefully, follow the guidelines and complete all necessary elements in the form as requested. You can contact your EUREKA National Project Coordinators to get support in preparing the form
Each EUREKA application will be evaluated by the national EUREKA offices of the countries involved in that application.
Stage 2: National application
If required by their National funding authorities, project participants will submit a related national funding application – taking into account all relevant national procedures and submission rules. Submission deadlines might differ between the participating National funding authorities. All applications are assessed against the eligibility criteria of the call before being put forward for the national assessments according to the national evaluation criteria. The national evaluation is based on the general EUREKA eligibility criteria, national eligibility criteria and evaluations, the EUREKA application form with annexes and if required a national application form.